2.04.2017

January Wrap-Up and February TBR

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope all of you get to read amazing books this year! I plan on reading 50 books in 2017, the same goal I set for myself for last year. The month of January started well, I read the three books that were on my TBR for the month! Here they are:



1- Night 
    
   I don't really want to rate this book since it's a true story and all. I don't feel comfortable doing so.
But I can still say that this was a very well written book. With a good pace and, although really sad, super interesting as well. The ending felt a bit rushed compared to the rest of the story, but I learned a lot about the terrible thing that was the Holocaust, from someone who was in a concentration camp.


2- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - The Original Screenplay (5/5)

      It was absolutely amazing to read the screenplay of this incredible movie. I have never read a full screenplay before, so it was very insightful and really cool to see how the movie came to life from this script. I love the cover and the little illustrations in it. I hope she publishes the screenplays of the next movies in the series as well. 




3- Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Hammer of Thor (4/5)
     
   As some of you know, I am not the biggest fan of Magnus Chase. (I have a review of the first book if you wanna check it out) I went to Rick Riordan's book tour for the Hammer of Thor and it was really cool. I definitely liked this one more than the first. I've moved on from my initial shock of comparing it to the Percy Jackson series. I know I shouldn't compare them! But I can't help it! This novel was funny and entertaining through out. Unfortunately it wasn't one of those books where I can't put it down. I have to admit I spent one or two days without even opening it. But overall it was a good read and I recommend it if you are a Riordan fan. 


FEBRUARY TBR

Oblivion
   I read Obsidian almost three years ago (I can't believe it's been that long!) when I got a free ebook copy. I saw this recently for a very cheap price on Kindle, so I bought it. It is Obsidian, but from Daemon's point of view. I have yet to read the next books in the series. Hopefully by reading this one, I will get excited to read the rest.

I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it. 

And trouble’s the last thing I need, since I’m not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plus, if there’s one thing I know, it’s that humans can’t be trusted. We scare them. We can do things they only dream about, and honestly, we make them look weak as hell. ‘Cuz they are. 

But Kat is getting to me in ways no one else has, and I can't stop myself from wanting her—or wanting to use my powers to protect her. She makes me weak, and I’m the strongest of our kind, tasked with protecting us all. So this one simple girl…she can mean the end for us. Because the Luxen have an even bigger enemy—the Arum, and I need to stay on my game. 

Falling for Katy—a human—won't just place her in danger. It could get us all killed, and that’s one thing I’ll never let happen...


Code Name Verity
    This is my Book club's book of the month and I quite excited to read it. I've been quite interested in reading World War II related books recently, and I've heard a lot of good things about it!


That's what you do to enemy agents. It's what we do to enemy agents. But I look at all the dark and twisted roads ahead and cooperation is the easy way out. Possibly the only way out for a girl caught red-handed doing dirty work like mine - and I will do anything, anything to avoid SS-Hauptsturmführer von Linden interrogating me again.


He has said that I can have as much paper as I need. All I have to do is cough up everything I can remember about the British War Effort. And I'm going to. But the story of how I came to be here starts with my friend Maddie. She is the pilot who flew me into France - an Allied Invasion of Two.

We are a sensational team.

Anna and the French Kiss
    I have been wanting to read this book for so long! I just picked its name out of my TBR jar (yes, I made a jar. I have too many unread books on my shelves, I need a way to finally force myself to read them), and I'm so glad I did so because I've been feeling like reading a romance contemporary for a while now.


Can Anna find love in the City of Light?

Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year.

But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?


No comments:

Post a Comment