5.04.2017

April Wrap-Up & May TBR

 
  
                               


     GUYS IT'S ALREADY MAY WHAT THE HECK
     
1- Thirteen Reasons Why (4/5)
         I think I'll definitely do a review of book+show sometime soon. So keep an eye out for that!
         This was on my April TBR so √

2- Book of a Thousand Days (4.5/5)
       Very sweet book! I love Dashti (the protagonist) and how strong she is! This is more of a middle grade book but it's still worth reading if you're looking for a simple fairy-tale-retelling-feel book.
           This was on my April TBR so √

3- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (3/5)
     Kinda relatable in some aspects. Definitely was expecting more. The story was a bit boring but I guess it's more realistic than some. 

4- Carry On (5/5)
    I loved this book so much!!! I have to write a full review on this because I just have so much to say!

5- Near + Far (1.5/5)
    I read this book for my Creative Writing class book club and I honesly did not like it at all. This is a short stories book, and I'm not a big fan of books like these (probably because I've never read one where all/most of the stories were good). Some of the stories were okay but overall they were super confusing and had potential to be better, I actually started this in March but I read most of it last month so here it is. 

MAY TBR

Everything, Everything 
    
   Ended up reading this on the first two days of this month. A review will be coming out on Sunday!


My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.


But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

Revealed 
     I'll be rereading this 11th book in The House of Night series so that I can refresh my mind as to what happened in the book so that I can read the final book.


Drastically altered after her fall at the end of Hidden, Neferet is now more dangerous than ever—and her quest for vengeance will wreak havoc on humans, as well as Zoey and her friends. Chaos is loosed in Tulsa and the House of Night is blamed. Can Zoey stop Neferet in time to keep her anger from escalating to full-on war? Or will someone else have to step in to take the fall?





Redeemed
    Finally, hopefully, definitely gonna finish this series this month!


In the final electrifying novel in the HoN series, Neferet has finally made herself known to mortals. A Dark Goddess is loose on Tulsa and the world. No single vampyre is strong enough to vanquish her - unless that creature has the power to summon the elements as well as the ability to wield Old Magick. Only Zoey Redbird is heir to such power…but because of the consequences of using Old Magick, she is unable to help. Find out who will win and who will lose in this epic battle of Light versus Darkness.



No comments:

Post a Comment