8.07.2017

July Wrap Up & August TBR



        Look who actually read all the books that were on her TBR for July!!! I had hoped to read a little bit more since it's summer, but I've been doing some other stuff so I didn't really have as much time as I thought I would. Anyways, here they are!

1- The Trials of Apollo - The Dark Prophecy (3.5/5)
          The second book in the Trials of Apollo series finally came out! Not gonna lie, I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the first one. The plot wasn't as intriguing, and it felt a little bit boring and monotonous at times. I still loved Rick's writing and the humour, but I was expecting a little bit more. I had hoped to see more old characters returning, there were some, but not enough to satisfy me. The ending though left me quite intrigued and I can't wait to read the next one. 

2- Autonomous (2.5/5)
      Check out my review of Autonomous by clicking here.

3- The Raven Boys (5/5)
         I absolutely loved this book and I can't wait to do a review on the whole series once I'm done!

AUGUST TBR

The Dream Thieves
        Couldn't help myself and ended up buying the second and third book in the Raven Cycle series!



Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after…



Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs. 

The trick with found things, though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.


The Raven King

All her life, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love's death. She doesn't believe in true love and never thought this would be a problem, but as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.






As You Wish
       Another ARC that I was sent by a publisher. The story sounds really interesting and I can't wait to read it and review it for you guys!

In the sandy Mojave Desert, Madison is a small town on the road between nothing and nowhere. But Eldon wouldn’t want to live anywhere else, because in Madison, everyone gets one wish—and that wish always comes true.


Some people wish for money, some people wish for love, but Eldon has seen how wishes have broken the people around him. And with the lives of his family and friends in chaos, he’s left with more questions than answers. Can he make their lives better? How can he be happy if the people around him aren’t? And what hope is there for any of them if happiness isn’t an achievable dream? Doubts build, leading Eldon to a more outlandish and scary thought: maybe you can’t wish for happiness…maybe, just maybe, you have to make it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment