4.07.2017

March Wrap-Up & April TBR

       

   Omg guys I can't believe I didn't post anything last month besides my February Wrap-Up and March TBR! I don't know why I didn't, to be honest, because I have so many ideas for posts... I guess I was just lazy (and busy too)? Anyways, I'll try to post more this month because there are a few movies and books that I really wanna discuss with you guys. This month I read three books, which is good, but apparently, I am two books behind schedule on my Goodreads challenge... But I think I can catch up. You might notice that I didn't read "Wormwood", that was on my March TBR, and that's because I stopped reading it. I read the first four chapters and I really didn't like the writing style and how the story was dragging on and not capturing my interest at all. I decided that there were better books for me to spend my time reading. I might try reading it again, but I might also just give up on it. I never give up on books so that'll be something new for me. I kinda feel bad... If any of you have read the book: what did you think of it? Does it get better?

1- Cinderella Pop (3/5)

     This is a retelling of Cinderella written by a Brazilian author that I quite like. Unfortunately, I don't think it has been published anywhere besides Brazil... I liked this book, but definitely not as much as I did the other two companion retellings of Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid. It was a cute contemporary, but to be honest I didn't really feel the connection between the protagonist and the love interest. It was too insta-love, more than you would expect in a modern fairy tale retelling. I'm not sure if she's gonna write any other books in this series but I hope so because I really liked the Little Mermaid one, maybe one about Beauty and the Beast since the adaptation recently came out?
     This was on my March TBR so √

2- Never Always Sometimes (3/5)

     Another cute contemporary this month. This one was really cheap on Ebook so I just had to buy it, since I had heard good things about it before. It was a nice story. I liked the relationship between the characters. And the ending was totally not what I was expecting it to be, and I'm really glad. It was well written and quite entertaining. 

3- The Princess Bride (4/5)

     Oh my god guys this was so much better than I had expected! Before reading it, I had never seen the movie, so I didn't really know what it was about. I was really surprised by the awesome writing style. Because it is considered a classic, I was afraid it would be slow paced and boring, but instead, it was really fast paced and super entertaining! I wanna write a review on it so I won't go into too much detail. Really recommend this book! (Also recommend reading the introduction because I totally skipped that, and read it after I was done, but I think it really adds to the way the author tells the story.)
       This was on my March TBR so √

APRIL TBR

Thirteen Reasons Why

     I've been wanting to read this book for so long. And now the TV show is finally on Netflix and I really wanna read the book before watching it!


You can't stop the future. You can't rewind the past. The only way to learn the secret. . . is to press play.
Clay Jensen doesn't want anything to do with the tapes Hannah Baker made. Hannah is dead. Her secrets should be buried with her.
Then Hannah's voice tells Clay that his name is on her tapes-- and that he is, in some way, responsible for her death.
All through the night, Clay keeps listening. He follows Hannah's recorded words throughout his small town. . .
. . .and what he discovers changes his life forever.

Book of a Thousand Days

     This is my Book Club's book of the month and I'm really excited because the story sounds really interesting!

When Lady Saren refuses to marry a man she fears, she and her maid, Dashti, are locked in a tower with just a tiny flap open to the outside world. As food runs low and the weather changes from broiling hot to unbearably cold, it is all Dashti can do to make them comfortable in their dark prison.

Not long after their confinement begins, Saren's suitors arrive - one welcome, the other less so - and she orders Dashti to speak to them. Impersonating Lady Saren is a crime punishable by death, but Dashti will have to play the role many times if she is to save them both from the tower and the dangers outside. As she takes control of their desperate situation, Dashti begins to understand her own astonishing talents and believe that even a low-born maid can find true love.
 


Everything Everything

     The movie is coming out soon and it looks pretty cute so I'm definitely going to read it!

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.


SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment