3.05.2017

February Wrap-Up and March TBR


1- Oblivion (3/5)
    I read Obsidian almost 3 years ago, and I haven't really continued on with the series even though I wanted to... So when I saw that the ebook for Oblivion, the series from Daemon's point of view, was really cheap, I decided to buy it and see if by reading it, it would maybe get me more excited to read the other ones. To be honest, I don't think it was very well written. I don't really like some of the stuff that happened or how the relationship between Katie and Daemon form, but this is almost like a guilty pleasure type thing. I find it entertaining even though I don't think it is necessarily good. 
       This book was on my February TBR so √
       
2- Code Name Verity (3.5/5)
     I have a review on Code Name Verity that you can check out by clicking here.
        This book was on my February TBR so √

3- Anna and the French Kiss (5/5)
     I wrote a review of this book here!
       This book was on my February TBR so √

4- The Clockwork Scarab (3/5)
     I've never read a steampunk book before so it was quite interesting to read this one. I liked that it had to badass female protagonists! However, I had a lot of problems with it. I didn't see any chemistry between any of the characters, and the plot was kinda all over the place. A lot of things were introduced/mentioned but not really resolved. I'm guessing most of it was to introduce topics that will be bigger on the other books, but that bothered me a bit. I love the cover and the cover under it. I'm not sure if I'll continue one with the series... 

MARCH TBR

Cinderela Pop
   
     This is a book written by a Brazilian author and I'm not sure if it had been published anywhere else. But I'm excited because it is a retelling of Cinderella, and it's part of a series of retellings and I love the other two books. 

Cintia é uma princesa dos dias atuais: antenada, com opiniões próprias, decidida e adora música! 

Essa princesa pop morava com os pais em um castelo enorme de onde via toda a cidade. Todas as noites ela olhava pela janela, onde ficava admirando a vista e sonhando... com um príncipe que ainda não conhecia.

Porém um dia o castelo de Cintia desmoronou e com ele tudo à sua volta. Desiludida, ela deixou de acreditar em romances e teve que reconstruir cada parte de sua vida, sem deixar o mínimo espaço para o amor.

Ela só não contava com um detalhe... Havia mesmo um belo príncipe em sua história. E tudo que ele mais queria era descongelar o coração da nossa gata (nada) borralheira!



The Princess Bride 

      This is my Book Club's pick of the month. To be honest I have never actually seen the movie so this is gonna be interesting. 


What happens when the most beautiful girl in the world marries the handsomest prince of all time and he turns out to be...well...a lot less than the man of her dreams?

As a boy, William Goldman claims, he loved to hear his father read the S. Morgenstern classic, The Princess Bride. But as a grown-up he discovered that the boring parts were left out of good old Dad's recitation, and only the "good parts" reached his ears.

Now Goldman does Dad one better. He's reconstructed the "Good Parts Version" to delight wise kids and wide-eyed grownups everywhere.

What's it about? Fencing. Fighting. True Love. Strong Hate. Harsh Revenge. A Few Giants. Lots of Bad Men. Lots of Good Men. Five or Six Beautiful Women. Beasties Monstrous and Gentle. Some Swell Escapes and Captures. Death, Lies, Truth, Miracles, and a Little Sex.

In short, it's about everything.
 


Wormwood 
  
    This actually was my cousin's book and she gave it to me. To be honest, it is not the type of book I would ever pick up to read if I didn't have it in the first place. It's been sitting on my shelf for more than a year and I just picked its name out of my TBR jar so I guess I read it. 



In 1756 London, Agetta Lamian fears the end of the world is near. She's the housemaid of Dr. Sabian Blake, who recently acquired a legendary book said to unlock the secrets of the universe, and overhears his prediction that a comet called Wormwood is headed toward London.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment