11.07.2015

Book Review: The 5th Wave

   After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

   Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother--or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.


   Rating: ★★★★.5

  Hi there! Guess what book I finally read? THE 5TH WAVE! I've heard so many good things about it and I was very excited to read it. In my Writing class, we were doing a Book Club thing and my group chose The 5th Wave. I wanted to read it before the movie came out, and I had to ignore the movie trailer (even though I really wanted to watch it.) But now I've finished and I am here to tell you what I though about it.
   I really liked it. The idea is super cool and so beautifully executed. It's also really scary. To imagine that happening is terrifying. It's not your usual Alien invasion. It's more dark and cruel than that. I am very excited to read the next book, although I've heard some people were disappointed with it. The book is also really sad. And I feel so bad for the main character, Cassie, and her little brother, Sammy. I really like Rick Yancey's writing style. The beginning and ending of every paragraph were really good. They would grip my attention and I'd want to know what would happen, and I couldn't stop reading it.
   It's funny because Cassie's name is Cassiopea, and I have a friend called Cassiopea. And I've never thought I'd see a character with that name. I mean, my name is Isadora, and I have never read a novel with a character with that name. If you know any, please comment down below!
   The book is also written on another character's POV. I don't really want to say his name so that I don't spoil anyone. I was freaking out when I figured out who was narrating it. I honestly don't trust Evan. I ship Cassie and 'the other character'. I really like him. Evan is just too nice. Sammy is just a kid and I hate what they were doing to him! Training kids like that! So unfair!
   I think some parts of the book were too long. But overall the book was pretty great. The ending was a bit rushed, and it wasn't exactly an ending. So it definitely needed another book. I really like the characters, and the story, and definitely the world building. Super cool!

   I recommend this book to all of you! Comment bellow if you've read it!

 This is the movie trailer. I am very excited to watch the movie because this trailer looks really cool and it looks like the book. So I am excited!

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment