3.18.2015

Book Review: eleanor & park


Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.

Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate 

enough to try.

Rating: ★★★★★

    My friend gave me this book for my birthday and I was so excited to read it! The only other book that I've read by Rainbow Rowell is Fangirl, and I love it; but now, I love Eleanor & Park more. This book is so good! It's so freaking perfect! I didn't want it to end. Their love is just so beautiful that it makes me feel like I have butterflies in my stomach, just for reading about their relationship. I give it 5 stars, it became one of my favourite books ever. The characters are so well written and different. They are perfect, but they are not. That's what I love the most about Rainbow's characters, they are so real and believable, they are not perfect at all. They have their flaws, and they make mistakes, and they have bad hair days. They are humans. I think that Rainbow Rowell is the master of writing incredible adorable scenes, they kill me with their cuteness. Park is so awesome, and Eleanor too. 
Her siblings were kind of annoying, I wish they were better, nicer. Her mom was annoying too, she should've been better, for Eleanor. Richie... don't even get me started on Richie... He is probably the character that I most hate in the world, he is the worst, I was hoping he would die. Park's dad is really cool and his mom is nice too. The characters are really well written, and so is the story. I wish I could read their story forever, but it's over, and I'm so sad. 

Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment