10.18.2014

Book Review: Allegiant

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love. 
Rating: ★★★.5

   Since I read Insurgent last month, I decided to finish the series with Allegiant. I've had it since March and I finally read it! Just a reminder that Divergent is definitely not one of my favourite series. I liked Divergent, kind of liked Insurgent and also kind of liked Allegiant. I have some problems with this series and one of them is that I don't like Tris or Four at all, I tried but I can't like them. I don't understand why everyone love them so much (but that's just my opinion, of course). I can't see their love, I just don't feel like they love each other so everything seems too superficial for me. I know that a lot of people did not like the ending of this book but I didn't have any problem with it. I think that that ending was necessary and I that it was a good end to the series. I was, unfortunately, spoiled. So I already knew what was gonna happen anyways. I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. 

THE REVIEW BELLOW CONTAINS SPOILERS.

   When I started this book I was very curious to know what was going to happen after that end of Insurgent! I didn't like much that beginning, and I didn't like the Factionless in power at all. When they finally got out of Chicago, everything was very confusing, and it was really sad when they had to tell George that Tori died, I was really sad about that. I'm glad that Four saved Caleb from his execution because, even though Caleb did all those things to Tris, I still kind of like him. 
   Four annoyed me so much in this book! He was so stupid every time he was thinking about being "Genetically Damaged", that's so dumb! Come on! And Uriah!!! Oh my God! That was so sad! I really really liked him! His death was not necessary. And that Nita... I really dislike that girl. 
   Everything about Tris' mother knowing about the world was really shocking! And the Bureau! What did you guys think about it? I thought that it was really stupid and confusing, I was hoping Veronica would explain more about everything, but she didn't. 
   That whole ending was too quick. I've heard a lot of people were sobbing when reading the last few chapters. The only time I cried was when Tris was kind of saying goodbye to Caleb and they were playing Candor. I knew that he wouldn't die but I just felt that he would. And I didn't believe when Tris went on his place, she is so stupid! Argh! But she could have survived but that David shot her! I was so mad! Seriously?! AAAhhhhh! 
   I was kind of sad when Peter lost his memory... I don't know... I kind of liked him... Somehow...
   And then Cara had to tell Tobias that Tris died... That was a sad scene... 
   But I really liked the epilogue! That almost made me cry of happiness.
   What did you guys think about every chapter changing from Tris to Tobias point of view? I did not like that... I just think that Four is so annoying so I was just quickly reading his chapter so that I could read Tris' pov. 
   I really think that that ending was good and necessary. In my opinion, Tris had to die like a hero, and she saved everyone doing so. I just couldn't imagine another ending for this series. 
  Overall I think that this book was annoying but somehow good... :P
  And what did you think of it? 

 Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment