9.10.2014

Book Review: The Maze Runner


"If you ain't scared, you ain't human."

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.


Rating: ★★★★★


   I've heard bad things about this book as well as good things. Well, I have basically only good things to say! I give it 5 stars! This book is just so awesome, my heart was racing during this entire reading! (Not joking!) There is so many cliff hangers and tense scenes and I was very nervous while reading it! I wanna read the next book now! There's the first chapter of The Scorch Trials at the end and when you think that things can't get worse, they do! OMG! I really liked that the characters were very different from each other. My favourite one is Newt! He is just that awesome! And I love the fact that he calls Thomas, Thommy! It's cute! Chuck is so cute and I'm so sad about what happens at the end! I did not like Gally nor Alby. Minho is so nice and Thomas is nice. I just think that Thomas was kind of dumb sometimes. For example, on the first Gathering that he went he couldn't talk until the end. And people were discussing and he wanted to talk (and in my opinion he had a lot to talk about!) and when he finally could speak he just said something that wasn't really what he needed to say. If I were in his place I would have made everyone shut up and I would have said all my thoughts about everything! And he always had things to say but he never did say them! Which was extremely frustrating! 

IT MAY CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS:

   The thing is that in the beginning there were some hard words that I couldn't understand (mostly because I'm not fluent in english) so I thought that I wouldn't like this book because of many hard therms and etc. But them I was completely submersed into this world and I didn't even notice. At the beginning the way that the Gladers talked was kind of annoying but, as Thomas, I just got used to it. Till the half of the book basically I was really annoyed because no one answered Thomas or explained anything to him. And I really wanted to know!! I didn't like Theresa much either. She didn't do much on the book and for me she was kind of useless (even tho she did have some useful information to give). 
   That night when Thomas was in the Maze was super scary! I still can't imagine how the Grievers are (I supposed I'll find out when I watch the movie). I also think that The Changing is kind of weird... 
   When the doors didn't close that night at the Glade, I honestly was as horrified as the other Gladers! And how the hell did Gally survived all of those things??? It needs to be explained on the next book! And that thing about the maps and the code was just so obvious! How the hell no one thought about that for the past 2 years? Well, I don't know if they would find out but I know that I did even before Thomas. And that thing about WHICKED being World In Catastrophe: Killzone Experiment Department, was genius. I wouldn't have thought about that.
   Everything after they went to the maze towards the Grievers Hole was a mess! I was like "WHAT'S GOING ON???" every time. When they pushed the button saying Kill The Maze I thought that the Maze was going to be destroyed, but everyone was still out there! So I started to freak out and scream "DON'T DO IT" and when he did and Minho appeared thought the hole I was very relieved. And then the Creators were there and Gally killed Chuckie (I cried) and then the Rescuers and those sick people with the Flare... It's just too much! Too much cliff hangers for me, my heart was done. I want to read the next book but I think I'll to something more light because this book is extremely intense!

It comes out September 18th!


                  


   Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment