8.23.2014

Book Review: If I Stay

   I've been writing a lot of book reviews lately, which is very odd for me. What are you guys thinking about them? If you have any suggestion, please comment on this post!

   On a day that started like any other, Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, admiring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. In an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left. It is the most important decision she'll ever make.
   Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.


Rating: ★★★★★



   I finished this book yesterday night and I really thought that I was gonna cry reading it but I didn't. It is indeed a very emotional and moving book. I liked the way that the author divided the chapters, based on the time. And I also really liked how she managed to put the flashbacks between every "chapter". I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads! I very recommend this book and I'm so excited for the movie! A weird thing that I realized is that the girl in the cover has blue eyes and if I'm not wrong Mia doesn't have blue eyes! 

THIS REVIEW WILL HAVE SPOILERS!

   The first chapter was very shocking. I didn't know when the accident was going to happen, I thought it would take a while to happen but it was all so fast! Everything happened so quickly and I think that that was good because we were basically as shocked as Mia was. Till the time that Mia realizes that Teddy died, I was so worried about him! I was like "Where is Teddy?", "Is he dead?", "What happened to him?". I was extremely sad that Teddy and Mia's parents died. 
   I loved Adam and Mia's relationship! They were so cute together and Adam was just so... Ahhh! And Kim is so cool! I think she was a great character! And Teddy is really cute! And Mia's parents and grandparents were really cool. Everybody was really cool! Even the nurses. 
   The fact that Mia and Adam are both musicians and that Mia plays the cello! It's the first book that I've read that a character plays a cello!
   Gayle Forman is a very good writer. I look forward to read more of her books. :)
   This was very beautiful book and it was basically about Mia's choice. What will happen if she stays. If she can really stay. What she will choose. I don't think I have any more things to say about it, only that I loved this story!
   I'm so excited for the movie! It looks like a really good book to movie adaptation!

              

   It looks so gooooood!!!!!
   I heard that they won't stay together in the next book. Why??? Their love is juts so beautiful!!

   Sorry if there are any spelling errors! I don't speak english fluently so I apologize. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment